Hugh Anthony Cregg III was born in New York Metropolis on July 5, 1950.
Within the early 1970’s, Huey Lewis was enjoying harmonica and singing with the band, Clover. They recorded a number of albums within the San Francisco Bay space. Huey additionally play with the band Skinny Lizzy.
In 1979, he received musicians Marc Cipollina, whose borther, John, performed with Quicksiler Messenger Service, Invoice Gibson and Johnny Colla and shaped the band Huey Lewis & the American Categorical. After complaints from the bank card firm of the identical identify, the band modified their identify to Huey Lewis & the Information in 1980. It was right here that they introduced in musician Chris Hayes.
Their first self titled album, in 1980, went unnoticed. However, their second album, “Image This” gave them their first hit single, “Do You Consider In Love?”
On the charts, Huey Lewis & the Information had 12 Prime ten singles, three of them going to primary. Listed here are the ten largest singles from Huey Lewis & the Information, in accordance with Billboard’s weekly Prime forty);
1. Caught On You – 1986 – The band’s largest single was the primary track launched from their “Fore!” album and it spent three weeks at primary.
2. The Energy of Love – 1985 – Their very first primary single is from the film “Again to the Future” and the track was nominated for an Academy Award. Huey seems in a cameo within the movie. Christopher Lloyd (Dr. Emmett Brown within the movie) seems within the music video.
three. Jacob’s Ladder – 1987 – The band’s solely different primary single was written by Bruce Hornsby and his brother, John. Hornsby later recorded his model of this track on his 1988 album, “Scenes From the Southside.”
four. Hip to Be Sq. – 1986 – Singing backup vocals on this music are San Francisco Forty-niners quarterback, Joe Montana and Corridor of Famer Ronnie Lott. The music was featured within the movie “American Psycho.” An academic model of the track was used on Sesame Road entitled, “Hip to Be a Sq..”
5. Good World – 1988 – The band’s final prime ten single was written by former Clover member Alex Name. The music video options the band enjoying in a rubbish dump.
6. The Coronary heart of Rock & Roll – 1984 – This single got here from the album “Sports activities” which spawned 4 prime ten singles.
7. I Need A New Drug – 1984 – Additionally from the album, “Sports activities,” Huey ended up suing Ray Parker Jr. when the similarities between this music and Parker’s theme music to the 1984 movie “Ghostbusters” have been heard. They settled out of courtroom.
eight. If This Is It – 1984 – Once more, from the “Sports activities” album, the music video for this track was shot on the Santa Cruz seashore boardwalk.
9. Doing It All For My Child – 1987 – Going to quantity six on the weekly charts, this track, from the “Fore!” album, featured Huey as a Dr. Frankenstein character within the);